Sunday, April 1, 2007

some great news to report...

"Hi. I'm calling to check on the status of my TSP withdrawal application."
"Your name and social security number, please."
"James E Moore, XXX-XX-XXXX."
"Let me put you on hold for a moment.
Hmm... your request was rejected."
"What!?! Why? This is the third time I have submitted this form!"
"You didn't check box 3F indicating you wish to withdraw 100% of the funds."
"But I wrote 100% in the blank next to it, and indicated the same in three other places on the form! I think my intent is clear."
"You'll have to send in another copy."

*sigh*

And that is how it has gone. Over and over and over again since August. And it's something new everytime.
Phone calls, letters, faxes, forms and more forms all to extract the three deposits the Marine Corps promised us. In January we finally recieve our first GI bill deposit. Then more persitant pestering completely paid off when we received two more deposits last week. Whew! So now we are several more steps awaaaay from the USMC. Now as long as our tax refunds come in good time...
Yay!myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics Yay!

3 comments:

Tammie said...

Jim, I'm glad things are finally coming together. ;) Chandra, great photos as always.

Tammie said...

The Wordens, that is.

Anonymous said...

Love the cat!!! hehehehehe